Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Recurring Dilemma...

Within the next three weeks, my two best friends are coming to visit.  One for business (we're just an added bonus!) and one for pleasure.  Both will have dinner at our house.  Thus, my recurring dilemma: what to make for dinner!

It sounds like an asinine problem, I know.  And my husband likes to joke about it, but I take this seriously!  In my heart of hearts, I know whatever I put on the table will be fine - but as much as I love to cook, I love it when others enjoy what I put on the table.

I rack my brain for recipes I've made and loved... or recipes I've made and others loved... or recipes I flagged to try (and oh, are there are lot of those).  I go around and around and around... What type of cuisine?  What theme?  What will they like?  What won't they like?  Should I make something new or something I've made before?  What if I made something and it doesn't turn out? (Just ask my husband what happens when I make something I'm not happy with, oy!) The debating goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on... you get the idea.

Then, finally, I choose.  I guess, second guess, even third guess my decision...  [This is about when my husband tells me to relax and just go with it!] and a shopping list is made.  But it's not easy.  It's never easy.  Even making a weekly menu and grocery list for just the two of us is a struggle.  

So now, two of my favorite people in the whole wide world are coming for dinner and while it should a no-brainer, these are my best friends after-all, I'm back to that same ol' question: what should I make...

So I ask you... what should I make?!

No comments:

Post a Comment