Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowls

For a solid week now I've wanted a Chiptole burrito.  So instead of spending the 10 minutes waiting in the lunch line and the $10 for something I would only regret for the remainder of the afternoon, I took to the inter-web to find a recipe for the chicken and made my own.

Much much much to my happiness, the burrito bowls (who really needs the tortilla anyway?) were exactly what I hoped for.  The chicken had amazing flavor and we had all the fixings for what turned out to be a filling and healthy dinner.

Just a note, and another selfless pitch for The Pampered Chef, on the chicken.  The original recipe, and in the restaurants themselves, the chicken is grilled.  While we very well could have fired 'er up tonight, I took to the microwave.  Yes, you heard me right - the microwave.  I'm telling you - in 6 minutes flat, I had cooked the moistest chicken I could have imagined - in the microwave!  Get yourself one of these Magic Pots - you won't be sorry.  And remember, if you don't already have a The Pampered Chef consultant, contact mine!

Chicken Burrito Bowl
Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowls

What You Need for the Chicken:

  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 2 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper

Suggested Fixings:

  • Brown rice
  • Lettuce
  • Mexicorn
  • Shredded cheese
  • Avocado
  • Sour Cream
  • Salsa

How You Do It:

  1. Combine oil, spices, and chicken in large ziploc bag.  Let marinate at least 20 minutes, up to 24 hours.
  2. Cook chicken; cut into bite-size pieces. (See my note above)
  3. Assemble salad with desired fixings.


Chicken recipe adapted from The Star Tribune

No comments:

Post a Comment