Saturday, December 8, 2012

Jamie's Beer Dip

Happy Chanukkah everyone!

Tonight we're headed to a Chanukkah party at one of my husband's colleague's house.  And you know though the host always says you don't need to bring anything, you never listen.  The plan was always to bring a bottle of wine, but I can't stop there.  Not upon first meeting these folks!

So into the arsenal of appetizer/snacks recipes I went.  Not finding anything I was willing to debut at the party, I emailed and texted my mother for help.  She listed off a couple of good ideas before hitting the jackpot: Jamie's Beer Dip.

Now, I must give credit where credit is due.  In now way is this my recipe nor have I doctored it in any way.  It's amazing just how she made it the first time.  Jamie and I used to work together when I was in high school and every so often our store would have a pot-luck day and Jamie would make this amazing dip.  Beer, cheese, ranch... what could be wrong?!  Nothing.  And what goes better with beer than pretzels?!

Jamie's Beer Dip
Jamie's Beer Dip

What You Need:

  • 2 blocks cream cheese, softened
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 packet dry ranch dip mix
  • 1/2 bottle beer

How You Do It:

  1. Mix cream cheese, shredded cheese, and dry ranch until well-combined (I used my standing mixer).
  2. Add beer and mix.
  3. Chill until ready to serve.

Oh, and did you see what my amazing husband got me for the first night of Chanukkah?!
On the first night of Chanukkah
my true love gave to me,
a Donald Driver football jersey!

No comments:

Post a Comment