Sunday, December 16, 2012

Chicken Parm Meatballs

Tonight's recipe was a winner.  How do I know?  It was the first time our friends' son tried my cooking and all he kept saying was "these are really good!"  He at three.  THREE!

I, too was happy.  I'd been meaning to try an adapted version of this one since I tore the page out of an old issue of Martha Stewart's Everyday Food Magazine (RIP), and was not disappointed.  While the original recipe requires frying the meatballs, I opted for baking them instead.  To achieve the crispiness, I simply lightly sprayed the meatballs with cooking spray - worked like a charm.

Cutting into the cooked meatballs, we were greeted with oozing cheese - what could be wrong?!  Top a pile of noodles with some sauce, a couple meatballs, and a sprinkle of parmesan, and you're good to go!

Thank you, Everyday Food, you will be missed...

Chicken Parm Meatballs
Chicken Parm Meatballs

What You Need:
  • 2 lb ground chicken (I used turkey)
  • 1 c. seasoned breadcrumbs
  • 1 egg
  • 1 c milk
  • 25 bite-size balls fresh mozzarella
  • 1 c panko breadcrumbs
How You Do It:
  1. Combine ground chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, and milk in large bowl.
  2. Separate into 25 balls.
  3. Press mozzarella ball in middle and roll to cover.
  4. Roll in panko and place on baking sheet.
  5. Once all meatballs are stuffed and covered in panko, lightly spray with cooking spray.
  6. Bake 25 minutes at 400* or until chicken is cooked through.
Chicken Parm Meatballs recipe adapted from Everyday Food Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment