Monday, May 6, 2013

Taco Burgers


I don’t know about you, but Cinco de Mayo to me means Mexican food and margaritas!  And that’s exactly what took over our back porch last night.

First let’s start with the margaritas.  While I would love to share with you, my trusty readers, the recipe for the margaritas we had last night, I shall keep that in my pocket, as one of my best girlfriends back in Minneapolis shared her family recipe with me, and well, I keep family recipes close at heart.  I will say just two things:  1) these things are deadly; and 2) if you find yourself in a situation where Abi offers to make you a margarita, take her up on the offer!

Now for our fiesta – since the weather was so beautiful this weekend – and I have lobster skin to show for that – we put a backyard BBQ twist on Cinco de Mayo this year with some taco burgers. 

Remember the other day when I made baked tacos?  It included making my own taco seasoning, which I duplicated for these burgers.  So easy, so delicious.  Try it.  Anyway – I whipped together the seasoning, dumped it in some chopped meat with a handful of oatmeal (my mom’s trick) to keep the meat moist, and the hubs took to the grill (not without having to make a quick trip to refill our gas tank!). 

Topped off with salsa and guac, these burgers were exactly what I was hoping for as our BBQ take on Cinco de Mayo!

Taco Burgers
 
Taco Burgers
What You Need:
  • 1 lb chopped meat (I used ground turkey)
  • 2 tsp dried minced onion
  • 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp cornstarch
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • 1/4 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 handful oats

How You Do It:
  1. Combine all ingredients and mix to combine.
  2. Form into patties.
  3. Grill.
  4. Top with your favorite taco toppings, sip a margarita, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment