Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Chicken Fajita Pizza

Every once and a while you need a taste of home.  So over the weekend I emailed my mom to ask her if she could send some of my favorite recipes from when I was a kid.  This one is just that.  I used to ask her to make this when I was home from college for a long weekend or break.  It’s nothing really special, but to me, it really was – probably because it married two of my favorite things: Mexican food and pizza.

Saute up some chicken, an onion, and bell pepper – spread it atop partially-baked crust – add some salsa and cheese – golden brown – YUM.

There’s not much more I can tell you about this one other than it was just as good as I remembered it and exactly what I was hoping for.

Chicken Fajita Pizza
 
Chicken Fajita Pizza
What You Need:
  • 1 10oz can refrigerated pizza crust
  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in thin strips
  • 1 ½ tsp. chili powder
  • 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 1 c salsa
  • 2 c shredded mozzarella cheese

How You Do It:
  1. Preheat oven to 425°.  Spread out dough on large rimmed baking tray (I used my favorite fromPampered Chef).  Bake for 7-9 minutes or until very light golden brown.
  2. While the crust pre-bakes, mix chicken and chili powder and cook in rimmed skillet 3-5 minutes, or until lightly browned.  Add onions and peppers; cook an additional 2-3 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and veggies are crisp-tender.
  3. Remove crust from oven and spoon chicken mixture evenly over partially baked crust. 
  4. Spoon salsa over chicken; sprinkle with cheese. 
  5. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

Chicken Fajita Pizza recipe adapted from my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment