Thursday, May 30, 2013

Orange Teriyaki Beef and Noodles

I rarely serve dinner in a bowl.  The hubs doesn't so much love when I do and sometimes it makes dinner feel less like dinner.  I know, strange.  Anyway, tonight's dinner - perfect for a bowl. 

I also rarely make a recipe that calls for beef strips.  My husband and I prefer our beefed cooked to different doneness and it's hard to get it rare enough for him and acceptable enough for me at the same time without the grill.  Tonight's dinner - beef strips.

And finally, I rarely make a dinner with a known ingredient not favorable to one of us.  Case in point: snow peas.  Tonight's dinner - snow peas.  (Thankfully, the hubs will kindly push them aside and offer them up once done.)

All that aside, this dish was really good!  A little sweet from the orange marmalade, a little salty from the teriyaki and broth, and a little saucy for, well, a saucy dish!   You could probably do this with chicken and any veggies you prefer - if I make it again, I will use broccoli (to please the husband) and mushrooms (also to please the husband).  Needless to say, a quick and easy midweek meal.

Orange Teriyaki Beef with Noodles
Orange Teriyaki Beef and Noodles

What You Need:
  • 1 lb beef sirloin strips
  • 1 3/4 c beef broth
  • 1/4 c teriyaki sauce (I used Mr Yoshida's Classic)
  • 2 tbsp orange marmalade
  • pinch red pepper flakes
  • 1 1/2 c snow peas
  • 3 oz uncooked egg noodles (I used these)
How You Do It:
  1. In a large skillet with a lid, cook beef until brown, 2-4 minutes.  Set aside and cover to keep warm.
  2. Add broth, teriyaki, orange marmalade, and red pepper flakes to skillet.  Bring to a boil.  Add snow peas and noodles, cover and cook over medium heat 5 minutes.
  3. Add back in beef and stir to combine.  If necessary, add a roux to thicken.
Orange Teriyaki Beef and Noodles recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.

No comments:

Post a Comment