Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Ramen Vegetable Lo Mein

Sometimes the best cure for a rough day is dinner with friends.  So when I got a text from a girlfriend that she was going to be around tonight and wanted a hug, I offered to ease up the rest of the of the night with dinner at our place. 

Knowing I had to make a meat-free meal (she’s a Chopra, look it up!), I stopped at the store on my way home to pick up some vegetables to make a stir-fry and remembered yet another pin for a recipe using Ramen noodles. 

I couldn't believe how quickly the HUGE bowl of stir-fried vegetables and noodles cleared.  While I thought the meal was just mediocre, apparently I was in the minority.  I thought the sauce I used was a little sweet and could have used a hit of red pepper flakes, my dinner “guests” said not to tweak a thing. 

So, here’s the recipe, without tweaking a thing.

Ramen Vegetable Lo Mein
 
Ramen Vegetable Lo Mein
What You Need:
  • 4 packages Ramen noodles
  • 2 tbsp sesame oil
  • 1 large onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 package shredded carrots
  • 1 package broccoli florets
  • 3 large cloves garlic, pressed
  • 1 c chicken broth
  • ½ c teriyaki sauce (I used this)

How You Do It:
  1. Boil noodles according to package, discarding seasoning packet.  Drain and set aside.
  2. Meanwhile, heat sesame oil in large skillet.  Add onion and sauté until slighted softened.  Add broccoli and carrots and continue to sauté until tender.
  3. Add garlic and sauce, stirring to combine and soften garlic.
  4. Add noodles and chicken brother, toss to combine and heat through.

No comments:

Post a Comment