Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Corey's Honey Garlic Meatballs

Well, it's been a while friends!  After a quick jaunt to Florida for a business conference (including soaking up the sun and hanging in the pool with my childhood BFF and her parents) and a week-long vacation back to Wisconsin to visit my family for Passover and a couple days away with the hubs in Baltimore, we're back at home, which means I'm back in the kitchen!

Not only are we back, but top on the cooking docket is my husband's favorite meal:  Honey Garlic Meatballs.  I'm not sure if it's the honey or the garlic or the meatball he likes best... but he sure does love these.  It's one of the few meals I make every-so-often. 

The sauce is sweet and tangy, combining garlic, honey, ketchup, and soy sauce.  Combine that with a basic meatball recipe (I suppose you could use store-bought, but to me, that's just cheating), and you have the perfect combo. 

Trust the hubs... they might become your favorite too!

Corey's Honey Garlic Meatballs
Corey's Honey Garlic Meatballs

What You Need:
  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1/2 c seasoned breadcrumbs
  • 6 tbps milk
  • 1 1/2 tbsp minced dried onion
  • 1 egg (I used egg whites)
  • 1 tbsp butter
  • 3 cloves garlic, pressed
  • 3/4 c ketchup
  • 1/2 c honey
  • 1/4 c soy sauce
How You Do It:
  1. Combine turkey, breadcrumbs, milk, onion, and egg.  Shape into 1-inch meatballs.  Place in a single layer on a jelly roll pan and bake  at 425* for 12-15 minutes.
  2. While the meatballs cook, melt butter in a deep pan.  Add minced garlic and saute until tender.
  3. Add ketchup, honey, and soy sauce.  Bring to a boil, then simmer until meatballs are cooked through.
  4. Add meatballs to sauce and gently stir to combine.
Recipe adapted from my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment