Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Salmon & Spinach Bundles


Last night I made my all-time favorite salmon recipe.  I know, I make a lot of salmon – we love it and it’s good for you. But this one, this one tops them off (in my book, of course).

Flaky salmon, steamed inside a crescent crust, topped with creamy cheese, and wilted spinach… O. M. G.  And while it looks like such a heavy meal, this really is quite light. 

Your whole meal, protein – dairy – greens – carbs, all in one little package.  You really can’t go wrong.  I mean, really can't go wrong...

It was just what I needed after two excruciatingly long days at the office.

Salmon & Spinach Bundles
Salmon & Spinach Bundles

What You Need:
  • 1 roll reduced-fat crescent rolls
  • 2 6-oz pieces salmon
  • 2 tbsp spreadable cheese (I used Boursin Garlic & Fine Herb)
  • ½ c baby spinach leaves

How You Do It:
  1. Roll out the crescent rolls and break into two large rectangles, pressing the seams together.
  2. Place salmon in the middle of each rectangle.
  3. Spread cheese on top of salmon.
  4. Top with spinach leaves.
  5. Fold up sides of crescent around salmon/spinach to make a package and place on baking sheet.
  6. Bake at 400* for 20-25 minutes. 

Salmon & Spinach Bundles recipe adapted from Taste of Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment