Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Pancake Syrup Gone Wrong

No recipe to share tonight...

Why?  Because it was a flop. I could tell just by the smell I wasn't going to like it.  And I should have known better - every time I try a recipe that calls for maple/pancake syrup, I am always disappointed. I think it's because I use pancake syrup and not pure maple syrup (since I have some in the pantry), but at this point in the game, I'll probably forgo trying another, even with pure maple syrup instead. 

Does this ever happen to you - where you try and try again to the point where you just give up?


...and I'd better give a shout out to the hubs who, every time I attempt a recipe that ultimately fails, has to listen to me complain and apologize non-stop for the remainder of the night even though he wasn't upset or disappointed or complaining.  He's the best. He really is. 

...and in case you're curious as to what I tried tonight, it was this.

No comments:

Post a Comment