Monday, February 18, 2013

Tomato, Zucchini, & Tortellini Soup

Back in my Minneapolis days, I had a little bout with tomato soup.  My girlfriend/colleague and I fancied a little Italian restaurant over our lunch hour every so often and they served up the best tomato basil soup.  Thus, I found a recipe and made my own.  Without getting into the gory details, it didn't sit well.  So since then, I've had a slight aversion to tomato soup.

A diversion, that is, until not too long ago when I made a Hungry Girl chicken recipe that used a can of tomato soup for the sauce.  It took me back - back to that little place with the soup, back to my parents' house when my sister and I would insist on the "tomato soup bowls" when we had a cup with a grilled cheese, back to when the idea of tomato soup didn't turn my stomach.

However, I think I've had about enough of the condensed soups.  Enter: Amy's Organic Chunky Tomato Bisque.  There's something about this stuff that really hits the spot.  So this afternoon, while home enjoying Presidents Day off, I whipped together a little something with Amy's Tomato Bisque.  Hearty and delicious, this soup was perfect for my afternoon of Dreamgirls and sweatpants.

Tomato, Zucchini, & Tortellini Soup
Tomato, Zucchini, & Tortellini Soup

What You Need:
  • 2 cans Amy's Organic Chunky Tomato Bisque
  • 2 small zucchini
  • 1 package refrigerated tortellini
How You Do It:
  1. In a large pot, cook tortellini as directed, adding the diced zucchini to the water when adding the pasta.
  2. In a separate pot, slowly heat soup (do not add liquid).
  3. Once cooked, drain pasta/zucchini and add to warmed soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment